Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tool
Quote:Californian metal prog titans Tool are taking a break from recording their hugely anticipated fifth studio album to tour Australia.

Sat 27 Apr Melbourne | Rod Laver Arena (All Ages)

Tue 30 Apr Adelaide | AEC Arena (All Ages)

Fri 3 May Sydney | Allphones Arena (All Ages)

Mon 6 May Brisbane | Entertainment Centre (All Ages)

En dan 11-12 mei in Japan voor Ozzfest.

Misschien dan toch nog wat Europese festivals, of pas eind 2013-begin 2014 naar Europa voor een uitgebreide tour?
Zou zomaar kunnen dus dat ze in juni/juli naar Europa komen.
Blijkbaar is het oogstseizoen toch pas in de tweede helft van de zomer... maar Europa zou dan eerder een goedmakertje zijn voor al die overzeese data i.p.v. promotour voor album. Tenzij Tool plots à là Radiohead of MBV hun album wereldkundig maakt...

Blijft puur gissen, vrees ik.
David Farrier: I hear you are working on a big “Lateralus” type song for this album… how is that coming?

Danny Carey: Um, really good. I mean we’re still – believe it or not! – still working on it [laughter] – it’s like an ever-evolving thing, it’s probably going to turn into a thing that’s like, uh, a big trilogy type of feel to it, sort of life, just like Disposition and Intension and Triad, like on the Lateralus record or something. It will probably be over a 20 minute piece when it’s all finished, so it will be a good part of the record. We’re dealing with it in sections, but it’s coming together really well, we’re having lots of fun working on it, that’s for sure.
Maynard has been interviewed recently on Chilean radio station Futuro 88.9FM in the leadup to coming Puscifer and A Perfect Circle shows, and despite being told not to, it appears they asked some questions about Tool. According to Google Translate*:

Maynard, do you have plans to come to Chile with Tool?

No. At this time, no.

I also read that there is a possibility of having a new Tool album soon.

No new disk. Not this year.

Is there plans?

I have not written any songs. So no, there is nothing.
Tsja, veel tegenstrijdige geruchten betreft een album..

Quote:Keenan told Chilean radio station Futuro (via The PRP): “No new disc, not this year… I have not written any songs. So no, there is nothing.”

Zodra ze naar Europa komen wil ik er sowieso bij zijn. Heb ze nog steeds niet live gezien.

Edit; ah kijk, we posten dezelfde quote op hetzelfde moment Wink
Tool is één van die weinige bands die niet echt nieuw materiaal nodig hebben om een tour geloofwaardig te maken, maar om al dat gezeik nog wat draaglijk te maken dienen ze dan wel met een verdomd vette setlist af te komen. Zijnde: 10000 Days, Third Eye, The Grudge, The Patient en Bottom.
Uplift Wrote:Blijkbaar is het oogstseizoen toch pas in de tweede helft van de zomer... maar Europa zou dan eerder een goedmakertje zijn voor al die overzeese data i.p.v. promotour voor album. Tenzij Tool plots à là Radiohead of MBV hun album wereldkundig maakt...

Blijft puur gissen, vrees ik.

Tool doet oa Australië aan omdat Maynard sinds kort wijn exporteert naar Australië (enige land buiten USA).
Hij heeft daar dus belangen en kan dat mooi combineren met een tour. Dus het nuttige met het aangename verenigen.
Jorrit Wrote:Tsja, veel tegenstrijdige geruchten betreft een album..

Quote:Keenan told Chilean radio station Futuro (via The PRP): “No new disc, not this year… I have not written any songs. So no, there is nothing.”

Zodra ze naar Europa komen wil ik er sowieso bij zijn. Heb ze nog steeds niet live gezien.

Edit; ah kijk, we posten dezelfde quote op hetzelfde moment Wink

Ik denk dat het komt door de rare vertaling. Hij heeft nog geen teksten geschreven + zang toegevoegd, maar dat gebeurd pas als de overige 3 heren klaar zijn. Dus als je t zo leest spreekt hij Danny niet tegen.
Quote:TOOL will release a handcrafted, bonus-laden, limited edition package of their original debut EP, Opiate, on Mar. 26 to mark the 21st anniversary of the six-song release.

The anniversary edition is limited to 5,000 copies and features art direction by Adam Jones, illustrations by legendary artist Adi Granov and design packaging by Mackie Osborne, who has collaborated with TOOL on many albums including 10,000 Days, Lateralus and Salival as well as posters and merchandise.

The 5,000 copies will be broken down as 5 x 1,000 runs with each set featuring a variation of the exterior graphics and included bonus items which include a new stereoscopic image for fans to use with their glasses from the 10,000 Days packaging.

The packages will only be available via TOOL's website (www.toolband.com) on Mar. 26 and there will be no pre-orders. A limit of three packages from each of the 5 x 1,000 versions will be in place. More details to be announced soon.
Debiel om het te limiteren tot 5000. Het wordt zo onmogelijk om eraan te komen.
Ik ben trouwens wel benieuwd wat de unreleased tracks zijn. Het zal waarschijnlijk om de demo's uit die periode gaan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/72826
Interview met Adam, toch geen extra tracks, ook geen remaster. Op het einde komt het opnameproces voor het nieuwe album ter sprake: http://www.revolvermag.com/news/intervie...piate.html
rare move

Quote:Frontier Touring are disappointed to announce that Tool will no longer be playing shows in Australia this April/May however are equally pleased to announce that they will be replaced on tour by TOOL LIVES!

Singer Maynard James Keenan will be joined on stage by bass player Matt McJunkins, Drummer Jeff Friedl and guitar player Mark Tremonti as they play all the Tool hits in a unique in-the-round experience.

“This has been a long time coming,” announces Keenan. “Danny, Adam and Justin are hard at work on the new Tool album, and rather than disrupting their work schedule, I thought it would be in the best interests of the band to continue the tour without them. I’ve been touring with Mat and Jeff for a while now, so it seemed only natural to ask them to join the band. I’ve been a fan of Mark since his early days with Creed, and look forward to collaborating with him on this tour.”

Drummer Jeff Friedl is aware of the big shoes he has to fill: “Danny Carey is an amazing drummer!” he exclaims “It’ll be a challenge nailing his double kick parts, but I’m sure I’ll get there.”

Mark Tremonti gives us a taste of the setlist: “Maynard would like us to lay down some covers. He made a list for us and I was happy to see Imagine and a bunch of other of my favorite 70s protest songs that we’ll spin during each show.”
Dielie Wrote:rare move

Quote:Frontier Touring are disappointed to announce that Tool will no longer be playing shows in Australia this April/May however are equally pleased to announce that they will be replaced on tour by TOOL LIVES!

Singer Maynard James Keenan will be joined on stage by bass player Matt McJunkins, Drummer Jeff Friedl and guitar player Mark Tremonti as they play all the Tool hits in a unique in-the-round experience.

“This has been a long time coming,” announces Keenan. “Danny, Adam and Justin are hard at work on the new Tool album, and rather than disrupting their work schedule, I thought it would be in the best interests of the band to continue the tour without them. I’ve been touring with Mat and Jeff for a while now, so it seemed only natural to ask them to join the band. I’ve been a fan of Mark since his early days with Creed, and look forward to collaborating with him on this tour.”

Drummer Jeff Friedl is aware of the big shoes he has to fill: “Danny Carey is an amazing drummer!” he exclaims “It’ll be a challenge nailing his double kick parts, but I’m sure I’ll get there.”

Mark Tremonti gives us a taste of the setlist: “Maynard would like us to lay down some covers. He made a list for us and I was happy to see Imagine and a bunch of other of my favorite 70s protest songs that we’ll spin during each show.”

1 april grap lijkt me toch?
Ik vind het grappig.
pongolesi Wrote:
Dielie Wrote:rare move

1 april grap lijkt me toch?

Dat kan.
Tool staat bekend om hun vreemde 1 april grappen.
trekken hiermee vooral Kyuss Lives! in het belachelijke. En terecht.
Kyuss Lives! voor een 3 uur durende show gezien in 013 en dat was magisch. Dat ze nu een grote cash machine zijn geworden is jammer.
Haha, ik vind t wel een mooie grap.
De keer dat Maynard Jezus had gevonden vond ik leuker. Trouwens, de grap was geloofwaardiger geweest als juist MJK ipv de rest van de band vervangen was.
Tool's Undertow turns 20 http://t.co/lZuQp9tRuR
Weinig nieuws op de setlist, maar wel een fijne setlist:
Quote:27-04-2013 Tool Setlist at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia
Hooker With a Penis
Vicarious
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
Intermission
Jambi